Kitten season is here! We know that everyone is very excited about the kittens we’ve been posting on social media and we can’t blame you. Below is some important information about adopting kittens from Ten Lives!
- Kittens remain in our program until they are 12 weeks old so that they can spend enough time with Mom and/or siblings and receive initial vetting services including spay or neuter.
- The adoption fee includes: spay or neuter, a distemper vaccination at 8 and 12 weeks old, rabies vaccination, fecal testing, dewormer, flea treatment, and microchip with free lifetime registration.
- Once kittens are available for adoption we will make an announcement on social media and begin accepting applications on our website. If a kitten receives an overwhelming number of applications we will remove them from our application. This means they are no longer available. Due to limited volunteer power we will not review kitten applications that have been submitted under another cat and those applicants will not be contacted.
- Due to limited volunteer power, we cannot pre-approve applications. Applications will be accepted when they are listed for adoption and available on our application. We strive to respond to applicants within 96 business hours, but during kitten season it may take longer. Please be patient, we are all volunteers!
- We receive an overwhelming number of Facebook messages regarding kittens and do our best to respond to them all. Please remember, everyone at Ten Lives is a volunteer who juggles multiple responsibilities in addition to volunteering. Some times it’s just not possible to respond to every message. Please read our posts carefully. Many times the answers to your questions can be found right in the post or on our website!